Thursday, October 1, 2020

The Stress of Divorce and DUI and DV

Divorce or the separation of co-habitating parents is extremely stressful. People often get their first DUI, or their first domestic violence (DV) charge, when going through the dissolution of their relationship.

Saying this is not to excuse it, but to point to the facts of just how emotionally difficult the process can be, and the unfortunate impact these emotions can have on behavior.

I would not be the lawyer for your fifth DUI when you need to pay an expensive expert to attack the breathalyzer or the blood draw.  However, I have a lot of experience in negotiating a resolution of the criminal case of a good person who responded badly to the stress of a family law crisis, and who previously had little or no interaction with the criminal justice system.

My name is Craig Mason, and my office staff and I are happy to help you through these hard times. My office is in Spokane, and I have recently handled cases in Benton, Franklin, Whitman, Stevens, Lincoln, Adams, and Pend Oreille counties as well. Give me a call at (509) 443-3681. Please check out my website at spokaneinjuryanddivorcelaw.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment