Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Mayor of Spokane declares April ‘Gonzaga University Month'

(Click on the link above for more information)

"SPOKANE, Wash. --- Spokane Mayor David Condon declared April 2017 as “Gonzaga University Month” after the school’s men’s basketball team made it all the way to the championship game in the NCAA tournament."

Relocation after Divorce.

Even if you have had a custody arrangement that has worked for years, it is possible that the parent with primary placement has a job opportunity, or a re-marriage opportunity, that is just too good to pass up.

If you are going to move with the child, you must provide a Notice of Relocation to the other parent, and if you learn that the other parent is going to move, and you oppose the move, you must file and Objection to Relocation.

Washington courts presume that they will allow the parent with the child the majority of the time (“primary placement”) to move with the child, unless the relocation can be “rebutted” by showing harm to the child from the move. Any objection must “rebut” the presumption that the parent can move on the basis of statutory factors that address the harm to the child from removing the child from an established environment and from established relationships.

Such a life-altering step for you and your minor child needs careful thought and superb representation.  There are many and varied statutory factors that the court must consider before making such a ruling.  For many years, Craig has been representing parents in litigating the factors to allow, or to prevent, a relocation of the children. Go into court with veteran Spokane child relocation attorney Craig Mason.  Call him today at (509) 443-3681.

Friday, April 7, 2017

Make Your Easter Weekend Plans for Spokane

(Click on the link above for more information) 

"This year the Beck family brings you our annual “BIG” Friendly Family Farm FUN Easter Celebration at the Harvest House, starting Saturday April 15th, Easter Weekend!" 

Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Hold the Phone…They are Trying to Take my Kids.

In a divorce proceeding the other side may issue an “emergency” order to seize property, children, etc.  Often these orders are issued without proper notice giving the other side virtually no time to read or respond to them.  A phone call from the ex-parte courtroom as the orders are about to be signed is not enough notice to do more than stagger into an ambush and lose!

No matter how one-sided and disreputable this may seem to claim an “emergency” when there is none, it is a fact of life. 

Emergency orders, though often abused, exist for good reasons.  Courts issue ex parte orders to “play it safe” when another party has made “hot allegations” that the other parent or partner is a danger to the person requesting the order.  “Just in case,” the courts often grant the ex parte order.

That said, there are unethical attorneys out there who will intentionally abuse “play it safe” tendency in the system and use ex parte orders to grab the children, the house, and the community funds. It is imperative that you do all you can to respond quickly.

In the face of this trauma, a professional family attorney with your interests at heart can undertake the fight on your behalf. That attorney is Spokane divorce lawyer Craig Mason.  Get a very experienced family attorney on your side today by calling 509-443-3681.