Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Keeping your Family Together.

If your family has been disrupted by divorce, or a break-up between any pair of parents, in 2019, the underage children get caught in the middle. Washington State courts will probably give you substantial time with your children if you do not have behavioral, criminal, or drug problems.  So, hire a capable family attorney if your former significant other says: “I will take the kids from you.”

Legally speaking, it is in the best interests of the kids to be raised by both parents on terms that most match what went on before the break up, and that is what the court is required, by statute, to arrange.  Some attorneys will promise your angry ex-spouse that they can get "sole custody," and keep you from your children.  They may even try to convince the court that your presence is harmful to the children!

If your break-up or divorce takes this unfortunate turn, Spokane family lawyer, Craig Mason, routinely fights back against such outlandish, and damaging, attempts to keep you from your children.  He has years of experience in helping people just like you prepare and present the real facts, and in developing the relevant witness statements, to defeat such attempts to deprive you of participating in the lives of your children.  Call Spokane Family lawyer Craig Mason at (509) 443-3681.